1 cup Fermented Fishs Stomach
1 cup grilled fish (tuna or saba)
1/2 cup potato slice to a dice size
1 cup bamboo
3 pieces kaffir lime leaves
1 tbsp. Shrimp paste
1 handful dried chili pepper
2 tbsp. sliced cumin
2 tbsp. sliced galingale
1 tbsp. minced lemon grass
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp. kaffir lime skin
1 tbsp. black pepper
2 red onions
Eggplant, long bean, wing bean (as much as you like)
1. Ground the paste ingredients altogether. If you dont want to get strong muscle, blender is your choice. :) Not that I dont want to have a strong arm by using a stone mortar and pestle, Im too lazy. Anything related to exercise, I would say NO.
2. When you have it already blended, remove to a bowl and take 1 big tablespoon for our cooking. Keep the rest in the fridge to cook next time.
3. With that 1 big tablespoon, mix it with shrimp paste. Add little bit of water to make it mix well.
4. Boil Fermented Fishs Stomach on medium heat, add 1 cup of water. Leave it is boiling for 10 minutes and then put the pot away from the stove.
5. Pour cooked Fermented Fishs Stomach into the filter, keep the juice and throw away the bad part.
6. Now, boil the juice we have on medium fire again. Add the paste from step 3.
7. Add potato, bamboo, Eggplant cook for 10 minutes then add long bean and wing bean.
8. Next, add grilled fish and quick stir. If the water gets too dry, you can add more but dont make it too much. Then turn off the fire. Throw kaffir lime leaves on top when you serve the food.
You can have this salty southern style soup with noodle or hot jasmine rice! :)
It is my favorite southern recipe!