Ginger Drink น้ำขิง Peel matured ginger. Rinse and crush lightly. Boil crushed ginger for two-five minutes and drain. Ad...
Krachai(กระชาย) This erect annual plant with aromatic rhizomes and yellow-brown roots, is used as a flavouring. The rhizomes contain approxi...
ต้มแซ่บซี่โครงหมู Ingredient: 300 grams of ribs 1 liter pork broth Straw mushrooms 4-5 shallots Galangal Lemon grass Coriander 5 ...
บัวหลวง In Thailand, there are two variations of royal lily, namely white and pink. They both have the botanical features sha...
ห่อหมกทะเลมะพร้าวอ่อน Prepare: Group1 Paste 2 lemongrass (sliced) 2 pieces galangal (cut finely) 2 red onions 1 clove garlic 2 tsp. shrimp p...
ขนมจีบ Ingredients 3 dried Chinese black or Shiitake mushrooms 6 ounces peeled deveined large shrimp 1 green onion 1 teaspoon minced ginger ...
When you eat noodles in Thailand, it is usually eaten dry or with a clear soup to which you add your own condiments. However, there is anoth...
by www.panix.com Servings: About 1 1/4 cups Serve as a dip with raw vegetables or as a condiment. If the chilies are very hot, you may want ...
Water Chestnuts (Haew) are very crunchy and delicious. They're used in many different dishes. Taro Root (Pueak) is primarily used in ...
Ingredients 150 gm mung beans, washed and soaked overnight 1 ½ cups coconut milk 1 cup sugar For the coating: 1 tablespoon gelatin 2 cups wa...
- About Thai food (20)
- Appetizer - Snack (3)
- Appetizers (1)
- beef (5)
- Chicken (4)
- Cooking Articles (8)
- Curry Recipes (9)
- Desserts (30)
- E-sarn food (5)
- EGG (9)
- Equipment (1)
- Fish (11)
- Noodles (4)
- pork (8)
- Rice (3)
- Salad (15)
- Seafood (12)
- Shrim-Prawns (13)
- Soup (9)
- Stir-Fried (18)
- Thai cooking Tips (8)
- Thai Herbal Drinks (3)
- Thai Hot Spicy (6)
- Thai Pizza (2)
- Thai spices (9)
- Thailand Fruits (9)
- Vegetarian (7)
- ► 2008 (43)
- Hoi Nang Rom Sod (Fresh Oysters with Side Serving)...
- Kao Niao Sung Khaya (Sticky Rice and Egg Custard)
- Gang Jued Bpla Muek Yud Sai (Stuffed Squids in Pla...
- Khanom Taan(Sugar Palm Cake)
- Luuk Chuup (Fruity Dessert)
- Kanom Chan
- Kai Dtoon (Steamed Eggs with Pork)
- Kanom Jeeb (Siu Mai Dumplings)
- Kanom Tuay Foo (Jasmine Sponge Cakes)
- Kai Look Kuey ("Son-in-law's Eggs") ไข่ลูกเขย
- Gluay Tod (Fried Bananas) กล้วยทอด
- Gluay Chueam (Caramelized Sweet Banana) กล้วยเชื่อ...
- Gaeng Jued Tang-gwa (Stuffed Cucumber Soup)
- Dtap Waan (Sweet Liver)
- Kanom Krok (Coconut-Rice Pancakes)
- Kanom Paeng Na Moo (Pork Toast)
- Star Fruit
- Custard Apple (Noi-na )
- Durian Ice Cream
- Durian (Thurian)
- Guava (Farang)
- JACKFRUIT (Ka-noon)
- Crispy Snack (Khao Taang na Taang )
- THAI FISH CAKES (Tod Man Pla)
- Noodles In Thick Sauce
- Broiled pork with lime sauce ( MU MA NAO)
- Fried rice with prawns ( Khao Pad Gung)
- Sticky rice with fruits
- King prawn tom yam soup (Tom yum Koong)
- Noodles in Fish Curry Sauce
- Fried Quail Eggs
- Sticky Rice with Bananas
- How To Cook with Banana Leaf
- Frying Tips
- Find a Balance of Salty, Sour, Spicy, and Sweet
- vegetable springrolls(Po Pia Thod)
- Khao Soy(Chiang Mai Noodles)
- Satay Pork in Peanut Sauce
- Custard Pudding
- Crispy Pancakes(khanom buang )
- Pork on a Hot Plate
- Fried Durian
- Soop Naw Mai (Bamboo Shoot Yum)
- Som Tam (Green Papaya Salad)
- Muslim curry - Musamun Kai
- How to Eat a Coconut a Day in Thailand
- Thailand Fruits
- ▼ September (47)
Crispy Pancakes(khanom buang )
Published : 11:27 PM
This is a nice snack you often see being cooked by the side of the road. It is called khanom buang.It looks a bit like Mexican tacos but the taste is of course very different. The pictures here were taken near Paknam market.
It looks simple but I assure you that it is harder than it looks. First he spread a batter mix onto the hot plate. When this was just starting to set, he then spread on top a generous helping of coconut cream.
He then placed on top of this a variety of different toppings. One version has shredded coconut and golden threads. This is made from strips of egg yolk. It is the lighter orange mixture. Another version has shredded coconut and either coriander or chopped spring onions. In the photos you can see a darker orange mixture which is in fact shredded coconut with a colouring agent.
Try some the next time you are next in Thailand. They are very tasty.
ป้ายกำกับ: About Thai food |