pork loin, thinly sliced, and cut into bite sized pieces 1 cup
wide rice noodles, soaked until soft in warm water (10 minutes). 1 cup
broccoli or pak kana 1 1/2 cup
sstraw mushrooms –hed fang 1/4 cup
water or pork stock 1 cup
fish sauce 3 tbs
sweet soy – see eu dam 2 tbs
palm sugar 2 tbs
tapioca starch, mixed in a little water 2 tbs
garlic, thinly sliced 1 tbs
MSG (optional) 1 tsp
freshly milled black pepper 1 tsp
1. Combine the fish sauce and soy sauce
2. add the pepper and MSG, and marinade the meat for about one hour
3. drain, and reserve the marinade.
While the noodles are soaking to soften them, prepare the broccoli and peeling then slicing the stems, and chopping the leaves to form three quarters of a cup of thinly sliced stems and leaves. Or pak kana
1. In a large skillet or WOK over medium heat
2. sauté the garlic in a little oil
3. then stir fry the noodles until they begin to turn brown.
4. Stir continuously to avoid the noodles sticking together.
5. Remove from the wok retaining the liquid, and turn the heat to high6. briefly stir fry the pork to seal it.
1. In a large saucepan, heat the water or stock,
2. boil the marinade briefly
3. Add the tapioca starch to thicken
4. add the meat and other ingredients.
5. Stir occasionally until the meat and vegetables are nearly cooked to your taste.
6. Add the noodles and continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes to complete the dish.